Did you ever have to bail someone out of prison? If you do, so you realize exactly how much of a hassle it could be — not to mention that it can often get pretty costly. So why not try using the help of a bail bondman the next time you decide to bail anyone out of jail? There’s a lot of them out there, and they all have a lot of benefits that make them a safer option than just posting bail.
Essentially, a bail bond is a promise to the judge that a person being charged can appear at his / her scheduled trial. When you bail someone out of jail, you simply put up leverage to give the offender temporary freedom, typically in the form of income. When the offender reports at his / her scheduled trial appearance, the collateral may be given back to the individual requesting bail.Checkout Connecticut Bail Bonds Group for more info.
If you can manage to bail someone out of jail by yourself, so if the prisoner is convicted of a relatively severe offense and the bond is set at a large price, like 10 thousand dollars perhaps, what will you do then?
If you don’t have enough funds for bailing anyone out of jail, this is where a bail bondman ‘s services come in handy. Bail bondsmen will bail the person out of prison for you, usually ten percent of the total fees accumulated in bailing out the defendant, in return for a small percentage. Another great thing about getting a bail bondman is that your responsibilities towards the defendant end there, you won’t have to make sure he / she shows up for the court hearing scheduled and doesn’t run out of charges
Below are other drawbacks of having a bail bondman of bail you out of prison:
- You don’t have to come up yourself for the whole bail number, thus alleviating the financial pressure on you
- The offender will move on with his / her life, or at least before the day of the scheduled court trial.
- Many bail bondholders also offer easy payment plans for the rendered services.
- The major bail bond companies will also bail anyone out of jail irrespective of the state they found in trouble. And if the offender has been arrested in another jurisdiction, you just need to make a call to them and they can take care of the rest.
- The Government frequently profits from bail bonds as they further reduce the overall amount of prisoners around the nation from various prisons. Less prisoners mean that the expense of holding them confined often gets smaller.